Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Failure isn't all it's cracked up to be


HT: The Kloska family via The Anchoress

4 comments:

Sis said...

I like that. Thank you for posting it.

It made me smile especially after reading the post right above, which made me kind of sad. lol

Rob Harrison said...

You're welcome. You're also right--it's an interesting contrast, and one I hadn't thought of.

Tyler Dawn said...

Amen, and kind of at odds with the modern prosperity gospel that says that success is a measure of God's favor and failure proves his displeasure. Failure is one of the most profound proving grounds of faith. Without failure, setbacks, challenges, whatever we might call them, faith is an empty and meaningless profession of nothing tangible or proveable.

PS -- Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the sing along in New Jersey.... I tried to imagine how I would feel if it had been done with President Bush's name 8 years ago and I got all creeped out -- and I voted for the guy twice!

Rob Harrison said...

Indeed.

And as for your PS, sorry to be so slow, but it's been that sort of week; I'm hoping to start catching up to everything tomorrow.